Last updated December 2021
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains what data we gather about you, what we use it for and who we share it with in the management of our company and business development. It sets out your rights and who you can contact for more information or questions. It is also intended to help you in making informed decisions when using Tangoe’s website, promotional services and/or sharing data as part of our business development efforts. Please take a moment to read and understand it.
- If you are a client of Tangoe please refer to the Client Services Privacy Notice for information on use of service data
- If you are a Tangoe employee or contractor, please refer to the Employee Privacy Notice available on Tangoe’s intranet
- If you are considering working with Tangoe please refer to our Candidates Privacy Notice
This Notice explains the collection, use, sharing and retention by Tangoe of information that may identify you as an individual (“data”). Tangoe may collect your data directly or from our third party suppliers when you:
- Interact or use our websites, including submitting forms to request contact, to provide a demo or downloading materials from our resources page
- Register and/or attend any of our events, webinars or client engagement sessions such as Tangoe Connect or other client events (collectively “Events”)
- Engage with our representatives at trade shows, conferences, Events, or other networking or business development engagements (collectively “Interactions”)
- Have agreed to receive direct marketing, a subscription or have cookies placed by Tangoe or third parties providing services to Tangoe
- Have connected with Tangoe’s business development team in relation to our services including any product enquiries, RFP or procurement interactions, proof of concept trial, contractual negotiations and service strategy discussions
- Are a named key contact or decision maker for one of our current or prospective clients including as a procurement, financial, or service relationship owner
We have tried to provide all the information we think you may want to know, but if you have any questions please contact us.
What data is collected and why?
Access and Use of Tangoe Websites
When you access or use a Tangoe website, or online service, we will record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of the website and for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating our site, such as passwords, IP address and browser settings. With your consent, we also collect information about your activities during your visit in order to personalize your website experience, such as recording your preferences and settings, providing you with content you may be interested in, making navigation on our site easier and to collect statistics which help us improve or further develop our websites, products and services. For more information please read Tangoe’s Cookie Notice.
Responding to Your Request for Information, Order, or Support
When you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information, to order a product or service, to provide you with support, to participate in an Event or any other Interaction, we collect information necessary to fulfil your request, to grant you access, to provide you with support and to be able to contact you. For example, we collect your name and contact information, details about your request, company, position and your agreement with us and the fulfilment, delivery and invoicing of your order which we may follow up with a survey to assess your satisfaction. If you contact us we will keep a record of our correspondence or interaction. We retain such information for administrative purposes, defending our rights, and to develop our relationship with you.
We may collect and use data in order to communicate about Events being run or attended by Tangoe, and your participation at these including registrations, management of participants attendance, event scheduling, and follow up on Interactions in relation to, or which occurred during, events. The data may include your name, business contact information, office location, feedback, or information on your attendance or Event engagement and any other information that allows Tangoe to deliver a memorable experience for our guests specific to the Event. During an Event, we may collect information (online or offline) such as participation in sessions and survey results. Events may be recorded and group photos taken. We reserve the right to use photos for promotional use. When you provide us with your business contact information (such as by giving us your business card) we may use this to communicate with you. When you attend an Event or webinar organized we will ask your preferences on sharing your contact details with any Event sponsor or contributors. Based on your choice, we may share your contact details (such as your name, email address, company name and phone number) with the Event sponsor or contributor.
Managing Your Relationships & Services with Tangoe
In order to establish and manage our relationships with clients, prospects and partners Tangoe shall collect and use business contact information such as name, business contact details, company, position, location or job title. This information is used, and may be combined with other data, for purposes such as business development, contract management, fulfillment, delivery of products and services, provision of support, invoicing, resourcing, internal operations, technical alerts, administration and management of the services or the relationship. We use data that we observe about you from your interactions with our website, our email communications to/with you, and your Interactions with our employees to inform, manage and direct our business development relationships. We may also collect other information you chose to provide Tangoe with to establish, support, implement or manage our services and relationship with you such as meeting records, emails or other shared communication.
Visitors to Tangoe Premises
We register individuals visiting our sites and locations (name, identification and business contact information) and use CCTV for reasons of security and safety of people and belongings.
Most information we collect about you comes from our direct interactions with you. This may be combined with data we collect when you use our services, website, email communications, from outside organisations we work with or professional information that you share publicly such as on LinkedIn. When a third party gives us data about you, we make sure they have complied with the relevant privacy laws which may include, for example, that they have informed you of the processing, and have obtained any necessary permission for us to use that information as described in this Notice. The data that we collect, either directly or indirectly, may be combined to help us improve accuracy, understand what products and services may be of interest to you and to check the effectiveness of our advertising activities. If you allow it, we may send you newsletters, blog notifications, special offers, and contact you about our products or services or information we think may interest you. We may show or send you marketing material online on our own and other websites including social media, or by email, mobile phone, post or through smart devices and other digital channels. The data we collect also contributes to aggregated anonymized data analysis and business intelligence for our broader business development and marketing purposes.
While using Tangoe’s services, you may be asked to provide feedback, complete a market research survey or share your opinion e.g. in the software directly, after receiving help from our support team or in a customer advisory board session. With permission Tangoe may use client testimonials. Providing this feedback is entirely optional.
Legal & Regulatory Obligations
We may use the data we collect to comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator for example, keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency. To protect the rights, property or safety of Tangoe or third parties, including other clients and users of our services, to investigate inquiries or disputes or enforce our agreements.
Managing our financial position, business capability, planning, communications, corporate & risk governance, business operations, security audit and adding or testing systems, are all necessary for the effective and proper management of our business. Tangoe, or one of our suppliers, may perform data analysis, data matching, research and profiling in order to support decision-making, improve our business, understand our customers’ behaviour, preferences, expectations, industry trends, benchmark, develop new products and services, and to improve the relevance of offers of products and services. For these purposes, data you have given us is most often used in an anonymous and aggregate statistical form.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Special Categories of Data
Tangoe does not require special categories of data to deliver its services. However should you attend an Event hosted by Tangoe, or a meeting at one of or offices, you may choose to disclose information to help us ensure your comfort or enjoyment such as access or dietary requirements which may reveal information about your health or religious beliefs.
Legal Basis for Using Your Data
Many data protection laws says that companies are only allowed to use data if there is a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside the Tangoe Group. When we have a business or commercial reason of our own to use your data, this is called a ‘legitimate interest’ however it must not unfairly go against your interests.
Where a legal basis is required by law, Tangoe uses data:
- in connection with a request, order, transaction or agreement (or preparing for the same), or to provide and communicate with you about services that you requested (including website access), we do this because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
- in relation to marketing and business development activities, we do this with your consent where this is required for example when you request a demo, contact us directly, provide us your business card, agree to receiving communications, accept cookies or attend an Event.
- for reasons of safety, fraud prevention and security, for the daily running of our business, to manage our financial affairs, and to protect our business interests, customers, employees and property or adhere to regulatory requirements, we do this on the basis of our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests. It is also in our legitimate interest to efficiently run our business, ensure that we provide you with the most appropriate products and services and continually develop and improve as an organization, for which purposes we, or a third party, may perform research, data analysis, data matching and profiling to support decision-making.
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
How Your Data is Shared
Tangoe shall only share and disclose information in limited circumstances, to the following categories of recipients:
- Tangoe Group Companies: We may share your data with our parent organization, subsidiaries or affiliates for the purposes within this Notice.
- Service providers: We may share your information with service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. They only are authorized to process that information as directed by us and are contractually bound to safeguard the data we entrust to them. They may include;
- Service providers: payment processing, shipping, postal or auditing services, subcontractors, data receipt, redirection, storage & archiving, email services and/ or data hosting centers.
- Software providers: survey or group texting platforms, website analytics, ticketing, business development & marketing software and/ or financial or business management tools
- Business transfer: Should Tangoe decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise subsidiaries such a transaction may involve the disclosure of data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such data from sellers. Tangoe requires appropriate technical and contractual protection for data sharing in these situations.
- Third party cookies and similar technologies: While Tangoe does not sell data to third parties, we do share data related to cookies and similar technologies with third parties to understand your engagement with our services, your professional interests, target and display content, including advertisements, based on your preferences and provide you with more valuable information. Read more information on cookies and how to opt-out here.
- Required by law: Whilst to date Tangoe has not had such a data request, please be aware that under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose data in response to legal or regulatory purposes in response to lawful requests. These third parties would only have access to data to the extent necessary to permit them to do their jobs which may include government authorities, Supervisory Authorities, Government or Regulatory bodies including requests from national security agencies or law enforcement. We may also share your data to enforce or apply our agreements with you, or to protect the rights, safety or property, of Tangoe, our business partners, suppliers, employees or clients, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that these have been or could be affected.
Cross Border Transfers
Tangoe is a global organization with a US parent and central administration held in the USA. For a full list of Tangoe’s locations please look here. As a global organization our business processes, management structures and technical systems do cross borders, and so Tangoe has implemented global policies and security standards, to ensure we will protect your data in accordance with this Notice wherever it is used. When we share data about you with our subsidiaries and transfer it to countries where we, or third parties whose services we use, are located, it is done on the basis that anyone to whom it is passed must protect it in the same way we would and in accordance with applicable laws.
Not all national privacy laws provide equivalent protections, and some countries may have less stringent privacy laws than your home jurisdiction. In response to this Tangoe takes various measures required by the applicable laws to protect data transfers. For the EU this includes implementing Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission to protect transfers to subsidiaries, suppliers or other third parties. You can request a copy of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses here.
How Tangoe Protects Data
Tangoe is committed to protecting your data by handling it responsibly and implementing reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative safeguards to help protect your data from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. While no security controls can ever be 100% effective, Tangoe is committed to continually improving its security measures to protect your data’s security, confidentiality, and integrity. Our safeguards are routinely reviewed and updated, and we also require our suppliers to implement an equivalent level of protection.
Links to Non-Tangoe Sites and Third-Party Applications
Tangoe’s website may include links to other websites or online services that are owned by other organizations and not under Tangoe’s control. This Notice does not apply to these other sites, and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any website you visit to understand how the information that is collected about you is used and protected.
How Long Tangoe Keeps Data
Tangoe shall only keep your data for the longest of:
- the duration required for the relevant activity or services
- any retention period that is required by law or legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms)
- the period in which litigation or investigations might arise and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business
Some information might be deleted automatically based on specific schedules, such as marketing information. Other data, for example account information, might be retained for longer period of time based on the contract you have with us. Finally, we might further retain information for business practices based on our legitimate interest or legal purposes, such as fraud prevention, record-keeping or enforcing our legal rights.
California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
California and Delaware law requires organizations to indicate whether they honor’s “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. Tangoe adheres to the standards set out in this Notice and does not monitor or respond to Do Not Track browser requests.
Tangoe’s services are B2B and we do not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use Tangoe’s website or send any data to us. If we learn that we have collected data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Notice
Tangoe will keep this Notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate, and so we may make changes from time to time, however, we will not reduce your rights under this Notice. We encourage you to check back periodically for any changes or updates. We will alert you to significant changes by, for example, placing a statement at the top of this Notice or when required by applicable law emailing you, where we hold your email address. You can see when this Notice was last updated at the top of this page. By continuing to use our websites after such revision takes effect we consider that you have read and understand the changes.
How Do You Exercise Your Rights?
Many data protection laws gives individuals rights, what these are vary depending on the country. In certain cases, you may have the ability to view, edit or delete your data. To find out more about your rights please click here.
You can always opt out from receiving personalized communication from Tangoe by setting your marketing communication preferences here, by following the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of emails, by indicating this when we call you or managing your cookie preferences.
Regardless of your marketing preference, you’ll still receive important services information such as contract renewal notifications, data protection or security information or changes to your existing products and services.
How to Contact Tangoe
If you have questions, requests or concerns regarding your privacy and rights, please let us know how we can help.
Our Global Data Protection & Privacy Manager, can be contacted at:
- or by post at: Data Protection at Tangoe, 10 Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RR