Sprawling shadow IT and rising cloud costs against harsh economic indicators are making it ever more challenging for IT professionals to wrap their arms and minds around their enterprise cloud environments – especially with manual processes. Eight in 10 (85%) IT professionals believe that eliminating manual processes would allow IT to focus on more purposeful work, according to a new study. Smarter AI capabilities are required to meet this pivot point.
That’s why Tangoe today unveiled a new SaaS management and optimization application to deliver the industry’s first comprehensive cloud expense management solution (CEM) as part of the company’s growing IT expense management (ITEM) offerings. With the help of AI and automation, businesses for the first time will be able to gain a sweeping view of their cloud investments and utilization to uncover opportunities for cost savings and stronger security.
This new Tangoe One platform capability rounds out our cloud expense management (CEM) offering to create the industry’s first and only full lifecycle solution with end-to-end CEM across IaaS, UCaaS, and SaaS. It takes the complexity out of cloud ecosystems to deliver transparency and cost savings to businesses of all sizes. The Tangoe One platform with telecom, mobile, and now cloud applications, is uniquely positioned to deliver insights across an expanding IT landscape that drive positive business outcomes.
When combined with our telecom expense management (TEM) and enterprise mobility management services, businesses can fully manage, simplify, and optimize all the details comprising their holistic IT environment.
John Burke, Chief Technology Officer, Nemertes said, “More than 56% of all enterprise workloads run in the cloud and 97% of organizations use at least one SaaS application, but in our latest research only 62% of enterprises have any defined governance for cloud. No surprise then that so many organizations find themselves challenged by the costs and complexity of managing the resulting plethora of vendors and solutions.”
SaaS Management completes the picture
The powerful, flexible, AI-driven solution features custom dashboards and workflows to help companies simplify, manage, optimize, and secure their cloud ecosystem, save countless hours of repetitive manual tasks, and maximize utilization of cloud resources. Core features of the platform include:
- Lifecycle Expense Management – Accurate cost allocations, chargebacks, and invoice processing with automation that simplifies financial accounting.
- Inventory Analysis – A comprehensive view of all cloud investments in one central location, allowing users to effectively track and manage resources.
- Alerts and Continuous Monitoring – Real-time notifications and ongoing monitoring of costs and consumption to avoid spikes in spend and mitigate security risks.
- AI Optimization – Instant cost savings recommendations to cut wasteful spending.
- Employee App Store – Employees can choose from over 225,000 apps and place a request to order from within the platform.
- Smart App Discovery – A five-step discovery process – integrated with 800+ apps that eliminates shadow IT and enhances SaaS security posture.
- Employee On- and Off-Boarding – Permission-based features that saves countless hours having to perform redundant manual tasks, driving employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Vendor and Renewal Management – Keep track of contract renewals via an automated approval process with timely reminders when they are up.
- License & Contract Management – Centralized SaaS licenses and contracts. Map spend to users and reconcile that against actual cost and usage. Manage contract and payment timelines.