One place where mobility is mission critical for many companies is within their field services operations. Field services is either a revenue generating activity (activating new services, delivery of services, billable repairs, and upselling), or a revenue assurance activity (avoiding penalties due to missed SLAs, reducing churn by increasing customer satisfaction, non-billable repairs, preventive maintenance). Technicians rely on their devices in order to execute their appointments and perform their work in the field. Every moment that a technician’s mobile access is hindered translates into lost revenue.
But field operations is not the only place where mission critical mobility exists. It exists with traveling managers and executives, sales teams, remote workers. Downtime among these teams could mean missed sales opportunities, missed deadlines, and even missing information required to make business decisions.
So how do you protect and ensure stability and availability in your mission critical mobile environments?
- Having the ability to quickly procure new or replace broken devices. Having the ability to configure / image devices so they are ready to go as soon as they get into the end-users hands. In some cases, such as with VIP executives, having hot-swap/standby devices at the ready.
- A world-class mobile help desk support for your end-users, in all the time zones and languages you operate in – with in-depth knowledge of all the devices in your mobile estate or fleet.
- Having a mobile security strategy. Protecting sensitive data if the device is lost or stolen to ensure that data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. This includes encryption of sensitive applications and blocking blacklisted apps that could expose your company to vulnerability.
- Visibility into, and the ability to quickly adjust, the mobile plans of end-users – in order to ensure roaming capabilities when needed, the appropriate data and voice plans based on usage, etc.
- Usage statistics and billing data of your entire mobile fleet. So you observe current trends and make adjustments in advance – not just after the fact.
The key to creating a successful mobile ecosystem for FSM or an entire organization lies in enlisting the help of a partner that can offer a comprehensive set of software and managed mobility service modules and provide guidance from seasoned mobility experts. This will liberate end-users, enabling lines of business to expand revenue and increase productivity while enforcing and automating corporate policy for optimal management of communications assets, expenses, and usage.
For more information on Field Service Management and MMS, check out our latest eBook entitled: