For many of us, spring marks the beginning of a new season, offering a reprieve from the endless gray of winter. Along with warmer weather and longer days, spring brings the opportunity for a fresh start. New flowers, spring cleaning, and a lot of rain to wash away old dirt. Businesses are seeing similar opportunities to get a fresh start with digital transformation.
What is Digital Transformation?
At its base level, digital transformation is the spread of technology through all aspects of a business. The Gartner Glossary takes a bit of a different tact in defining it and says, “Digital transformation can refer to anything from IT modernization (for example, cloud computing), to digital optimization, to the invention of new digital business models. The term is widely used in public-sector organizations to refer to modest initiatives such as putting services online or legacy modernization. Thus, the term is more like ‘digitization’ than ‘digital business transformation.’”
The size and scope of opportunity depends on what leaders of an organization are looking for and, more importantly, what problems they’re trying to solve. One compounding factor for businesses is the Great Resignation leaving many companies short on staff with vital skills. A recent CIO survey showed that 54% of companies said a lack of dedicated IT skills were holding them back from pursuing transformational goals. Lack of transparency and resource management is also an area optimal for digital transformation. The average business used more than 900 apps in 2020, leaving plenty of room for errors, vulnerabilities in security protocols, inefficiencies, and IT staff burnout.
Time for a Digital House Cleaning
Before you can make large-scale organizational changes, you need to start smaller with basic organizational cleanup. Finding gaps in your resources, billing duplications, and getting a wider view of IT lifecycle management can provide maximum return with minimum effort. Tangoe’s internal data shows there are 10 major IT lifecycle benefits of digital transformation:
- Reduced Costs – Optimizing enterprise technology and efficiency around digital technology means cost-per-transaction savings and increased sales.
- Improved Customer Strategy – New technologies create IT lifecycle management capabilities that can help an organization acquire, retain and assist customers while simultaneously reducing marketing spend.
- Consolidated Operations – The introduction of cost-effective, customer-focused digital tasks streamlines business workflows and eliminates the overhead associated with outdated IT lifecycle management solutions.
- Analytics – Digitalization gives companies the ability to combine data from all customer interactions and formerly unstructured sources into a useful, actionable format to optimize customer experiences and expenses.
- More Customer-Centric Focus – With digital transformation, companies can eliminate concern by using technology to enhance the customer experience. By shifting focus and paying more attention to what customers want, quality and service efficiencies can greatly be improved. .New Products/Services – With this new, customer-centric focus, an enterprise is better equipped than ever before to adapt to its customers and the competitive industry landscape.
- Accurate Market Segmentation – New technology enables businesses to discover more adaptive and agile IT lifecycle management models based on customer parameters that were impossible to uncover and/or track in the past.
- Improved Silos – Identifying IT lifecycle management silos that span multiple functions and processes becomes much easier, allowing an organization to increase its efficiency and impact.
- Universal Customer Experience – Connecting enterprise-wide IT lifecycle management systems and technologies simplifies and universalizes the customer experience, regardless of when, where or how they choose to interact with a brand.
- Increased Agility and Innovation – By eliminating the dependence on slow legacy IT lifecycle management systems, transformed businesses make themselves nimbler and more responsive to current market trends and demands.
The Best Cleaning Solution
Change on this level can seem daunting. With workforces already running short-staffed and overburdened, you want to keep your best employees engaged with important tasks. Tangoe One offers a single solution for telecom, mobile, and cloud to help simplify, manage, and optimize the opportunities provided by digital transformation. Combining expert advisory services with AI, machine learning, and robust integration globally, Tangoe can do what we do best and leave your team to do what they do best.
If you’re ready to clean up your organization to make the most of digital transformation, reach out to us today to request a demo.