The Orthodox Union (OU) lacked IT resources and struggled to manage complex, manual mobile technology management tasks. Tangoe streamlined these processes to deliver data in seconds and save up to 13% of monthly mobility program spend.
Keep reading to see how we did it, and download the extended enterprise mobility case study PDF.
Enterprise Mobility Case Study Summary
The Orthodox Union is one of the largest Orthodox Jewish organizations in the US. The nonprofit provides services and programs focused on religion, youth, social action, education, public policy, and community development. It supports a network of synagogues and community programs internationally.
The Challenge: Making Mobility Management Less Manual
The nonprofit’s mobile program administrator was tasked with maximizing mobility spend. A big prerequisite was eliminating operational inefficiency related to device procurement, configuration, deployment, and end-user support.
Prior to partnering with Tangoe, the OU’s mobility program was manual and labor-intensive. For example, here was the process for ordering a new mobile device:
- Employee filled out a physical form.
- Administrator reviewed the request and got approval from managers.
- Administrator passed the request to IT procurement.
- IT procurement ordered the device.
- IT team manually configured the device security, customizations, and applications.
- Device was delivered to the end-user.
Additionally, mobile program reports took so long to run that it was nearly impossible to get insights and meet deadlines. Resources had to be diverted every time a report was needed.
How Tangoe Helped
“Who does this device belong to? How many of each asset type is in circulation? Which devices have contracts expiring in the next three months? How much data is each line using per month?”
Previously, the answers to these questions had been buried in stacks of paper and database files. Tangoe’s managed mobility services – delivered through Tangoe One – made it possible for the OU to find answers in seconds.
Here are some of the solutions provided:
- No more paper processes
- Consolidated mobile spend and usage data
- Monthly spend analysis and bill optimization
- Automated mobile asset allocation
- Asset procurement, shipping logistics, and secure provisioning services
- Streamlined order approval process (e.g., automatic notifications)
- Help desk services
With the software-first and expert-supported solution from Tangoe, now the OU’s new devices are ordered, configured, and delivered to end-users without a single piece of paper exchanging hands. The solution offers role-based program visibility so employees can see the data most relevant to them and easily pull reports.
“Tangoe’s software is fantastic, but their greatest asset is their people. Everyone is just so helpful and nice. Tangoe has answered any questions I’ve ever had in record time.” – Shoshana Polakoff, Mobile Program Administrator at the Orthodox Union
Newfound program visibility allows the OU to be proactive with its mobility program strategy. They now have one place to find all mobility program information.
Better program visibility and Tangoe’s support have led to:
- A 13% reduction in monthly mobility program spend
- Fast, insightful, on-demand reporting
- More time to focus on strategic initiatives