Key characteristics and benefits of the new smart device network monitoring capabilities include:
- Integration with MDM functionality – Tight integration with smart device management technology enables the elimination of problems that are normally required to be discovered and fixed by stand-alone monitoring.
- Pre-defined monitors – A complete library of rules that reflect real world situations and time tested expertise in order to identify issues before they impact network and user operations.
- Configurable monitors – Enables administrators to create and apply rules most applicable to their unique environments and specify thresholds for frequency and severity for sending monitoring notifications.
- Directory services integration – Allows the seamless integration to directory services allowing proper IT policies (security, usage, application, etc.) to be applied, eliminating the need to manually monitor deviations from corporate policies.
- Preventive, proactive, and reactive monitoring – Enables the detection and correction of issues before they are performance affecting and the swift response to environmental issues that cannot be foreseen.
“Tangoe’s monitoring features go beyond the monitoring capabilities found in stand-alone solutions”, said Julie Palen, senior vice president of Mobile Device Management for Tangoe. “We are excited to offer BES administrators new and expanded benefits. The seamless integration of MDM and EMM monitoring is unique in the marketplace and offers improved ways for BES administrators to increase user productivity, improve security and compliance issues, improve end-user service, and reduce operational costs. With the rapid growth of smart devices, we’re confident that every enterprise will find these this enhanced product impactful to their business.”
By integrating MDM capabilities with new network monitoring capabilities, companies are able to combine powerful network administration functionality at the BES administrator level with monitoring at the device level, allowing a new level of problem avoidance and mobile network management awareness. This includes the automated pairing of BES and e-mail servers for network optimization and the monitoring of device memory usage, enabling users and administrators to take preemptive action to avoid a potential device outage caused by insufficient device memory or device power below specified levels. In addition, tightly integrating MDM and monitoring can ensure that users have correct IT policies based on rules defined by administrators. Integration with directory services ensures that even if users change locations or roles, the smart device will automatically reflect the settings appropriate to the user’s current role.
Tangoe, Inc., the global leader in communications lifecycle management solutions, provides software and technology-enabled services that help global organizations to procure, manage, and control their fixed, mobile, and converged communications assets and their costs. Tangoe’s software and service solutions are built upon patented technologies that enable dramatic cost reductions and productivity improvements, which significantly contribute to organizational profitability. Global organizations depend on Tangoe solutions to more effectively manage their fixed, mobile, and converged telecommunications processes. Since 2007, Tangoe was named No. 149 on the Entrepreneur Hot 500 ranking of America’s fastest growing companies, the fifth fastest growing Connecticut technology company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Tangoe was named number 75 in the top 100 communications companies on the Inc. 5000 list. Tangoe has operational centers in Connecticut, Texas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York. Tangoe provides solutions in the United States through direct and partner sales channels, and internationally through a global network of certified business partners.
Tangoe is a registered trademark and CommCare is a trademark of Tangoe, Inc.