Tangoe’s Data Collection goBot Accelerates Invoice Processing, Eliminates Manual Tasks, and Improves Customer Satisfaction
PARSIPPANY, NJ, January 15, 2019 — Tangoe, the Telecom Expense Management (TEM) and Managed Mobility Services (MMS) leader, today announced the first goBot™ for fixed telecom environments to automate the collection of billing data from carriers, vendors and partners. This new goBot is part of the company’s suite of automated software assistants that transform repetitive, labor-intensive tasks into automated processes. By combining Tangoe’s TEM expertise with robotic process automation (RPA), the goBot accelerates invoice collection and processing, eliminates manual tasks, and improves customer satisfaction.
Tangoe has successfully used Mikey to automate enterprise mobility processes, simplifying expense management by normalizing and centralizing global data transfers from wireless carriers, partners and vendors. Tangoe is leveraging the same technology to support its fixed wireline business, and additional goBots™ are under development to automate more manual processes and improve service delivery for both TEM and MMS customers.
Known as Mikey, the goBot transforms the way Tangoe processes fixed telecom invoices—making the company the unmatched leader in applying cutting-edge technology to solve customers’ TEM challenges. Specifically, Mikey:
- Uses multiple technologies and automatic processes to improve efficiency, eliminate human data entry errors and normalize data from global carriers, vendors and partners into one central data source.
- Schedules collection activity to align with billing cycle end dates to ensure that expense management recommendations are actionable and costs are accurately reconciled and allocated.
- Delivers collected billing data into Tangoe’s Optical Invoice Recognition (OIR) engine for validation and optimization before the electronic invoices are released for payment.
“Tangoe’s goBots help us deliver best-in-class service to our customers. The combination of Mikey and OIR enables end-to-end, no-touch invoice processing by accelerating the way invoices are gathered, loaded and processed,” said Bob Irwin, Tangoe CEO. “We are transforming the telecom expense management industry, pushing the boundaries of innovation and combining our global TEM expertise with next-generation automation capabilities.”
To learn more about Tangoe’s Telecom Expense Management (TEM) suite and how Mikey can help you work smarter every day, visit tangoe.com.
Tangoe is the global standard for America’s greatest brands. Tangoe customers trust them to optimize more than $40 billion of telecom expenses and manage the lifecycle of more than 10,000,000 mobile devices. Customers cite five reasons Tangoe is their preferred solution:
- Customers – Tangoe has earned the trust of a who’s who of America’s greatest companies.
- Technology – Tangoe offers modern, cloud-based, advanced-architecture technology solutions.
- Savings – Tangoe leads the industry in one-time, continuous and total cost savings.
- Global Reach – Tangoe serves the global needs of the largest, most sophisticated companies.
- Customer Service – Tangoe delivers ever-better service for customers.
Tangoe is the industry leader. They optimize more telecom expenses and manage more mobile devices than their next three competitors, combined.