- Total revenue of $54.5 million
- GAAP operating loss of $2.0 million; non-GAAP operating income of $4.5 million
- GAAP EPS loss of $0.06; non-GAAP EPS of $0.10
- Adjusted EBITDA of $5.4 million
ORANGE, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Tangoe, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNGO), a leading global provider of Connection Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and related services, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2015.
“Our second quarter results and full year outlook were impacted by sales execution challenges,” stated Al Subbloie, president and CEO of Tangoe. “While our results were lower than expected, we believe we are taking the steps in order to increase our recurring revenue growth over time. We remain confident in Tangoe’s future especially given our large target market opportunity, as well as the roll out of our new and enhanced Matrix platform.”
Second Quarter 2015 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue for the second quarter was $54.5 million compared to $52.7 million for the second quarter of 2014. Recurring technology and services revenue was $49.9 million compared to $47.1 million for the second quarter of 2014. Strategic consulting, software licenses and other services revenue contributed the remaining $4.5 million of total revenue for the second quarter of 2015.
- Operating Income (Loss): GAAP operating loss for the second quarter was $2.0 million, compared to operating income of $0.2 million for the second quarter of 2014. Non-GAAP operating income for the second quarter was $4.6 million, compared to $7.8 million for the second quarter of 2014.
- Net Income (Loss): GAAP net loss for the second quarter was $2.5 million compared to a net loss of $0.4 million for the same period last year. GAAP diluted net loss per share for the second quarter was$0.06, based on 39.1 million weighted-average diluted shares outstanding, compared to a net loss of $0.01 per share, based on 38.7 million weighted-average diluted shares outstanding, for the same period last year.Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter was $4.0 million compared to $7.2 million for the second quarter of 2014. Non-GAAP diluted net income per share for the second quarter was $0.10 based on 41.4 million weighted-average diluted shares outstanding compared to $0.18 per share based on 41.1 million weighted-average diluted shares outstanding for the same period last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA: Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was $5.4 million, compared to $8.4 million for the second quarter of 2014. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 9.8% for the second quarter of 2015, compared to a 15.9% margin for the same period last year.
- Cash and Cash Flow: As of June 30, 2015, Tangoe had cash and cash equivalents of $36.4 million, a decrease of $16.1 million from the end of the prior quarter, primarily due to the completion of the acquisition of IBM’s Rivermine TEM Division and partially offset by the cash generated during the quarter.The company generated $6.7 million in net cash from operations for the second quarter of 2015, compared to $2.8 million during the second quarter of 2014. The company generated $5.8 million in unlevered free cash flow for the quarter, compared to $2.0 million during the second quarter of 2014.
A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP financial measures has been provided in the financial statement tables included in this press release. An explanation of these measures is also included below under the heading “Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
As of August 6, 2015, Tangoe is providing guidance for its third quarter and full year 2015.
- Third Quarter 2015 Guidance: Total revenue is expected to be in the range of $58.0 million to $59.5 million. Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in the range of $5.6 million to $6.1 million. Non-GAAP net income per share is expected to be in the range of $0.10 to $0.11 based on approximately 41.8 million weighted-average diluted shares outstanding.
- Full Year 2015 Guidance: Total revenue is expected to be in the range of $227.0 million to $231.0 million. Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in the range of $27.5 million to $29.5 million. Non-GAAP net income per share is expected to be in the range of $0.53 to $0.58 based on approximately 41.8 million weighted-average diluted shares outstanding.
Quarterly Conference Call
Tangoe will host a conference call today at 5:00 p.m. EDT to review the company’s financial results for the second quarter 2015 as well as its business outlook. To access this call, dial 888.282.4054 FREE (United States), or 913.312.1450 (international), with conference ID #3019781. A live webcast of the conference call will be accessible from the investor relations page of Tangoe’s website athttp://investor.www.tangoe.com, and a recording will be archived and accessible at http://investor.www.tangoe.com/events.cfm. A recording of this conference call will also be available through August 20, 2015, by dialing 877.870.5176 FREE (United States), or 858.384.5517 (international). The recording access code is #3019781.
Tangoe (NASDAQ:TNGO) is a leading global provider of Connection Lifecycle Management software and services to a wide range of global enterprises and service providers. The company’s Connection Lifecycle Management platform, Matrix, is an on-demand suite of software and services designed to turn on, track, manage, secure, and support various connections in an enterprise’s connection lifecycle, including mobile, fixed, machine-to-machine, cloud software and services, enterprise social, and IT connections. Additional information about Tangoe can be found at jan16.wpengine.com.
Tangoe is a registered trademark of Tangoe, Inc.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Adjusted EBITDA discussed in this press release is defined as net income (loss) plus interest expense, income tax provision, depreciation and amortization, amortization of marketing agreement intangible assets, stock-based compensation expense and other expense; less amortization of leasehold interest, interest income and, for 2015 only, other income. Non-GAAP operating income excludes stock-based compensation expense and amortization of intangible assets. Non-GAAP net income excludes stock-based compensation expense, amortization of intangible assets, amortization of debt discount, and other expense (income). Unlevered free cash flow is defined as net cash provided by operating activities plus net interest payments, less capital expenditures. Management presents these non-GAAP financial measures because it considers them to be important supplemental measures of performance. Management uses the non-GAAP financial measures for planning purposes, including analysis of the company’s performance against prior periods, the preparation of operating budgets and determination of appropriate levels of operating and capital investments. Management also believes that the non-GAAP financial measures provide additional insight for analysts and investors in evaluating the company’s financial and operational performance. However, these non-GAAP financial measures have limitations as an analytical tool and are not intended to be an alternative to financial measures prepared in accordance with GAAP. We intend to provide these non-GAAP financial measures as part of our future earnings discussions and, therefore, the inclusion of these non-GAAP financial measures will provide consistency in our financial reporting. A reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures to GAAP is provided in the accompanying tables.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release regarding our strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenue, projected costs, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. The words “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “pending,” “plan,” “target,” “would” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, estimates regarding future revenue and financial performance. We may not actually achieve the expectations disclosed in our forward-looking statements, and you should not place undue reliance on our forward-looking statements. Actual results or events could differ materially from the expectations disclosed in the forward-looking statements we make. More information about potential factors that could affect our business and financial results is contained in our Annual Report on Form 10-K as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 16, 2015. Additional information will also be set forth in our future quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, annual reports on Form 10-K and other filings that we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We do not intend, and undertake no duty, to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein.
Seth Potter, 646-277-1230
Shannon Cortina, 732-637-2010