Release date: 6/4/2013
New, integrated solution provides enterprise users with a unified mobile application, carrier plan optimization, and data tracking by application.
ORANGE, Conn.–(Tangoe, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNGO), a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and related services, today announced new integrated versions of its Mobile Device Management (Tangoe MDM) and Real-Time Telecom Expense Management (Tangoe rTEM) solutions. This integration allows enterprise customers to take advantage of new features, including a single mobile client application called Tangoe Mobile, for combined MDM and rTEM functionality, enhanced geo-fence policy enforcement capabilities, and a carrier plan optimization tool that identifies cost-effective carrier plan options.)–
“Many of Tangoe’s global enterprise customers are focused on growth via mobility in 2013, and they require real-time contextual awareness that optimizes mobile usage and protects their IP throughout the entire lifecycle of mobile devices and their applications,” said Al Subbloie, president, CEO, and founder of Tangoe. “The combined functionality of our market-leading MDM and rTEM solutions address these issues and provides our enterprise customers with increased control over mobile devices entering the enterprise as well as real-time visibility into employee usage.”
Tangoe Mobile combines Tangoe’s previous MDM and the rTEM client applications into a single, on-device application. The unified MDM/rTEM interface will be available for download via the App Store for iOS and via Google Play for Android, in early July 2013. Using Tangoe Mobile, end-users can manage applications, track usage compared to carrier plans, and receive usage notifications from IT. Tangoe Mobile also enables multiple geo-fence policies on each device, which are tied to location-based usage rules, allowing automatic policy enforcement based on real-time device location tracking. This provides significant benefits especially in the healthcare, financial services, and government sectors, where geo-based security is crucial.
In addition to the integrated on-device application, the latest versions of Tangoe MDM and rTEM have enhanced capabilities that support the management of mobile devices.
Tangoe rTEM now includes:
- Carrier Plan Optimizer – Based on historical usage for voice, SMS, and data, Tangoe rTEM recommends to the administrator the best carrier plan for each user. This is especially beneficial for enterprises in locations where there are no pooled plans, such as Europe, as well as for organizations in the U.S. that are not participating in pooled plans.
- Application-specific Data Tracking – Provides visibility into the specific data usage of each application on a device. This data enables more informed decisions regarding application usage and devices’ corresponding costs of operation.
Tangoe MDM new capabilities include:
- Integration with Samsung SAFE™ – Provides enterprise-grade device management and security on Samsung devices.
- Enhanced Windows Phone 8 Support – Tangoe MDM supports a better Windows Phone 8 user experience with a Windows Phone 8 optimized user interface, support for new display resolutions, and a streamlined device activation process.
- Support for BlackBerry® 10 – Tangoe MDM now supports BlackBerry 10 devices, device services, and PlayBook™, including integrated and secure BDS synch for policy enforcement.
- Tangoe for Apple device lifecycle management.
- Unified endpoint management services.
The new version of Tangoe MDM is compatible with operating systems including Android, iOS 6, BlackBerry 10, and Windows Phone 8.
Tangoe (NASDAQ: TNGO) is a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and services to a wide range of global enterprises. CLM encompasses the entire lifecycle of an enterprise’s communications assets and services, including planning and sourcing, procurement and provisioning, inventory and usage management, mobile device management, invoice processing, expense allocation and accounting, and asset decommissioning and disposal. Tangoe’s Communications Management Platform (CMP) is an on-demand suite of software designed to manage and optimize the complex processes and expenses associated with this lifecycle for both fixed and mobile communications assets and services. Tangoe’s customers can also manage their communications assets and services by engaging Tangoe’s client service group.