This week Tangoe Atlas release 18.3 was announced. This is another noteworthy event in my time at Tangoe. For me, the enhancements to the Tangoe Atlas platform is further proof of Tangoe’s commitment to listening to customers and leveraging its considerable industry expertise to build best-of-breed products that support technology expense management (TEM).
What is Tangoe Atlas?
Tangoe Atlas is a cloud-based technology expense management (TEM) platform built from industry best practices, customer analysis, and decades of hands-on experience. It gives customers complete visibility and control of all their technology assets, usage, and expenses for fixed and mobile telecom; cloud services; unified communications and collaboration systems; IoT and all the latest technology.
What’s New for 18.3
With Tangoe Atlas release 18.3, over 130 enhancements are added that range from an enhanced UI to greater automation, plus, additional reporting and insights all designed to improve organizational efficiency and productivity. Some noteworthy enhancements in this release include:
- Customizable Landing Page: The ability for users to customize their portal landing page quickly and easily so they can see the information that is most important to them first. This allows an employee to quickly see all their assets, their usage of these assets and expenses. For managers and administrators, their landing page can be customized to show their work queue so pending approvals or asset requests can be seen first and addressed quickly.
- Automated Report Distribution: Another new feature I think is invaluable to purchasing and IT managers or finance professionals, is the ability to create and schedule reports for automatic distribution. For a quick start, users can select from pre-built reporting templates or create a custom report incorporating specific data. Once created, these reports are automatically sent to your distribution list at specified times. For example, a finance manager can create weekly usage and spend reports for line managers and schedule these reports to be delivered every Tuesday morning. While a consolidated report can be generated and delivered to the leadership team on the 10th day of each month without manual intervention. This is not only a time-saver, it streamlines processes and eliminates manual tasks – one more example of automation in action.
- Roles-Based Customized Reports: Another time saver is the ability to automatically modify the content of a recipient’s report based on their role. Line managers will receive reports containing only their information and that of their direct reports. A director on the other hand, receives information for his direct reports and all other employees that fall under their organization hierarchy. The concept is not new. What is great is the ability to automate this in Atlas using imported HR data. Administrators and analysts no longer have to spend countless hours creating specific reports for each user or manipulating reports before distributing them. Just think of the hours saved each week.
- Auto Disconnect Unused Assets: Keeping an accurate, up-to-date asset library has long been one of the top challenges in TEM. Atlas helps with this key task with a new auto disconnect feature. How? When an asset (for example a wireless service) fails to appear on an invoice after consecutive billing cycles, Atlas now allows you to automatically set the asset status to inactive. This helps keep an organization’s asset library current with minimal manual intervention. Avoid the scenario where your organization continues to pay for a mobile device assigned to an employee who is no longer with the company. And, the auto disconnect feature can be configured by asset type so that assets like circuits or calling cards that have periodic usage are not impacted. This key feature helps eliminate waste and service interruptions that can result from inaccurate asset library.
- Vendor Quote Analytics: Atlas expands the types of data that can be analyzed too. You can now conduct detailed analysis and reports on vendor quotes. Which vendor is offering the best price? How do vendor SLAs compare? Equipped with this information, you now have the data and the confidence to make more informed business decisions and you can do this with just a few clicks of your mouse.
And There’s More
With over 130 enhancements in this release I could go on indefinitely but, you are much too busy for that. What is important to remember is that Tangoe Atlas helps you with critical functions like asset management, ordering and quoting management, security management, automation management and enhanced reporting and business analytics. Tangoe Atlas 18.3 is further proof of Tangoe’s dedication to providing customers with the highest-quality TEM solutions available.
Want to see all this and more in action? Register to see how Tangoe Atlas can help you reduce IT costs, improve productivity, and drive predictable results.